You don’t have to push yourself to the point of pain to gain the advantage of exercise, expats say. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon says you’re at larger risk for exercise-related injury if you:
• Exercise overly or increase the intensity or duration of exercise too aggressively.
• Exercise in extreme weather.
• Exercise while not appropriate instrumentation, like shoes that don’t seem to be designed for your activity.
• Have had a previous injury, are a smoker or lead an inactive mode.
• Have sure musculoskeletal problems, such as high arches or bowed legs.